Aug 7, 2014

Best Week Ever, XIII

Ah, so many happy and wonderful things happened this week!

First off, on Monday I got to be apart of my friend and fellow photographer's engagement! Her now fiancé was so kind in inviting me to take photos at the surprise party he had planned for Rachel after he proposed. I am a huge sap when it comes to love and, well, most things, and it made my heart so full to hear both of their sets of parents talk about how great their son and daughter were together and when they each, respectively, knew that their kids' love was the real deal. That's how it should be.

The Groom-to-be's sister made this adorable Pinterest explosion for the party. So special.


























Unfortunately the plan was for it to be daylight when they arrived at the house and the surprise party commenced, but they were running late. I was so unprepared for the low light, (I didn't even bring my f/1.8 lens!) but noise in the photos is better than nothing, and Rachel was actually the one who taught me that it's easier to edit darker photos than overblown bright photos. This was tough, though. I feel a little guilty about the pictures not being better.




























I've never felt like I knew less about photography, or anything for that matter, in my life than I have recently. People will ask me technical questions about my lens or camera and I'll honestly have no idea what they're talking about, or how to answer. I hate feeling dumb, because I can't just respond with, "but I take nice pictures a lot!" I like what I do, but I can't talk shop. The same thing happens at work when people ask me about different coffee tastes or if they should grind their coffee fine or coarse.

I just... I know what I like, but more than ever that answer feels insufficient when it comes out of my mouth. And maybe that answer isn't enough for someone with my age and the years I've been into this stuff, but it's what I have.

I attempted some more self portraits at my sister's house while I was staying there at the beginning of the week, but I put it off and had to do them in crazy sunlight, and I'm honestly not happy with them at all. The quality just sucks and they are a little blurred, noisy, and just another thing this week that has made me feel out-of-practice. I think I'll do a re-shoot, so maybe you guys will see it later against the new ones that I take.


























On Friday night, my sister planned a surprise party for my brother-in-law, Aaron! He turns 30 on August 16th, so this party really was a surprise being 2 weeks early! We were able to hold the party at our friend Robert's new restaurant, and it was a really good time.

They are pretty great.



























Well, kids, hopefully next week I'll have a things a bit more figured, but you know, probably not.
I'm cool with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment