Jul 22, 2014

Best Week Ever, X + XI

I don't know if you know this about me or not, but I'm really good at putting things off. Fortunately for me there are a lot of things that I don't do that I feel like are important, so know that while I wasn't writing this blog post, I was doing something else that felt important like reading, updating my résumé, cleaning my apartment, or feeling useless watching Netflix. Okay, so the last one isn't something that is important, but you can bet that at some point I was doing that.

It's okay to waste some time every now and then. Keeps you sane and relaxed. I like to turn my brain off every now and then, but sometimes I get carried away and I use it to turn off my responsibilities, chores, and even the small things I actually want to do.

I wrote in a letter this past week that I get too much sleep to be an artist. I use too much of my down time being lazy and not completing things. It's one of those things I've been progressively more stubborn about the longer it goes on because I know the problem, I know the solution, and yet… the problem is something I still see daily. Maybe I'm not inspired, maybe it's that I'm distracted or defeated, but either way the mood is going no where if I don't shut up and fix it.

These past two weeks I've been trying! I was able to help photograph a wedding and I took just a few shots this week. They were taken at work, of course, because days have just become a way to waste time between closing shifts.



















































I couldn't help but make all of these black and white. Obviously it's classic and I've been really annoyed by color editing recently. (Who knew? I definitely don't talk about editing all the time..)

These next few are no exception. These kids got married! It was amaze.





So long! Thanks for listening to my rants and looking at my picture makings. There's more where that came from.



1 comment:

  1. 1. I got the letter and it was the best letter ever. Writing you back this week.
    2. I've also been straggly irritated by color editing lately. (hence the images in my last post being black and white.) Sometimes I feel like black and white is so much quicker.

    ReplyDelete