I have a lot of things on my mind, lately.
Not that I don't always have a lot of things on my mind, but recently I feel more spread-out than usual and disconnected. So, on that note, here is a very disconnected post of my recent thoughts, gripes, dreams. This post is also an excuse to post a picture of me in my Halloween costume.
1. I've pretty much decided to go to Graduate school in the near future. I didn't go right away because I knew this summer would be busy as can be and that I would need to get some money together and get to writing. I really knew that this summer I wouldn't be impressed with the amount of time I've spent writing, and I'd really like to make sure I can be productive before spending 2 years of my life getting better at it. I'm excited for the experience, but mostly I'm thrilled to be able to travel an live somewhere else in the States for 2 years!
2. Someone in my life has passed away very suddenly. He was someone I used to look to for advice back in high school, and someone who always encouraged me and made me feel unique. He was also a husband and father, and I'm grateful to have known him and my heart is broken for his family.
3. I was Rosie the Riveter for Halloween. Mostly because I already had everything to impersonate this great American symbol, and also because she is awesome.
4. My living room has been getting new hardwood floor in it, along with some bathroom repairs, for about six weeks now, and though I am at my wit's end (because honestly the work could have been finished in 1-2 weeks of daily hard work) I'm much too excited to have my house back to myself. My living room served not only as the place where I spent the majority of my time, but also as my dining room, and where my desk sat for studying/working. So, you could say I've been going a little stir crazy hanging out in my bedroom and not being able to clean anything because it would just get sawdust on it all over again the next day.
5. In that same vein, I've been staying at Daniel's house almost all the time, and though I love that man, he is not the most tidy. His place is also very small, with a cluttered living room, so though I was trying to escape the confines of my room, I simply traded them for the confines of his. Much less space and double the clothes on the floor, but a comfy bed, a cuddly dog, and Daniel.
6. There is so much mess in my life between our two places, and that makes it hard for me to really settle down and relax. I've been hoping to get into an exercise regimen to compliment the calorie-watching I've been doing, but there's not really a feasible way to do that yet. You could say I'm looking forward to the relaxing sigh I will breathe once it is all over with. (I'm also looking forward to the party I will have then, too.)
7. I also recently got a new job! It's only part time, but it's been really great so far. It is almost exactly like my old barista job, except that I am allowed to sit and play on my computer or read when we're not busy, and I get tips! Having money and being able to save some is a comfort I have missed, and a blessing while it lasts. More money troubles aren't far off for me, but hopefully with my saving, I can handle them. Also, this place is local, and I can't tell you how much more rewarding it feels to be working at such a genuinely Knoxville kind of place.
I feel very fond of you all,